Welcome to the DEN! Over the years the DEN has flourished into a wealth of information and resources and we want to ensure all new STARs take full advantage of what this community has to offer. That is why we developed the Rising STAR Program. This is an optional one month program designed for all new STARs to welcome them into the DEN and connect with this amazing community. The Rising STAR is designed to:
- -Assist new STARs in building connections within the DEN Community
- -Build an awareness for the resources available to new STARs
- -Help new STARs become comfortable being an active member of the DEN
All participants will be grouped with new STARs and led through the program by a seasoned DEN mentor. Throughout the month they will get to know one another and the global DEN community through a series of "steps". Here is a summary of each step:
- 1. Welcome to the DEN: Led by a DEN mentor, members of the Rising STAR cadre will get to know one another through Edmodo and a virtual kick-off meeting.
- 2. Expanding your Professional Learning Network: This step will focus on the variety of ways in which new STARs can interact with the DEN. An introduction to DE's Twitter, Facebook accounts will be shared along with an overview of the DEN Blogs.
- 3. Exploring Discovery Education: there are thousands of resources for new STARs and they often wonder- where should I start? This step walks them through some of the most popular resources such as archived webinars, Discovery Education builder tools, and the student experience.
- 4. The Collective Brain: Every DEN member has something to share, and this step focuses on all of the amazing resources the community has contributed to the DEN over the years.
- 5. Sharing with the DEN: We want to ensure new STARs feel comfortable sharing with the DEN. This step outlines a variety of ways in which STARs can share content and resources with one another.
- 6. Staying Active: This culminating step provides ideas and resources for new STARs to stay active. Tools and resources are provided to host your own DEN events, and opportunities to get involved with the Leadership Council, DENSI, and DEN Virtual Conferences are just a few ways to stay active.