Participants will be trained to navigate the Discovery Education Assessment site and analyze real time data from classroom and student reports. Teachers will review state standards by grade level and subject while learning to use our digital resources to enhance lesson plans, remedial re-teaching strategies, and interventions. Participants will become skilled in using Progress Zone to create online probes used to check for understanding, create common assessments, and monitor student progress. Teachers will learn creative ways to use student data to individualize instruction for students and groups of students.
- Instructional Coaches
- Lab setting with one computer for each participant
- Internet access
- Presentation station for presenter with computer and LCD projector
- Familiar navigation of the Discovery Education Assessment
Recommended Companion Courses
By the completion of this session participants will be able to:
- Perform all teacher functions provided on the site.
- Use teacher and student reports to analyze and sort crucial real time data.
- Have a working knowledge of standards/competencies for each grade within a school and state.
- Use digital resources to improve lesson plans, interventions, and teaching strategies.
- Create, share, and administer probes to monitor individual and group progress.
- Add teacher made test items into the system for online use.
- Use student data to make academic decisions.
- Rationale for Discovery Education Assessment
- Features of Discovery Education Assessment for teachers
- Identification, interpretation and analysis of teacher Reports
- Strategies and Interventions
- Resources and Progress Zone
- Debrief and evaluation