In this course, participants will learn how to transform traditional, static, two-dimensional presentations into interactive experiences that facilitate engagement and achievement. Discovery Education Professional Development instructors will demonstrate and teach the ways to create dynamic and educational multimedia lessons that support existing lessons and curriculum needs. This course focuses on the use of PowerPoint or Keynote as foundations for using interactive presentation tools to develop cross-curricular lessons that are embedded with Discovery Education media assets such as images, songs, and video segments. Participants in the course will be given guided time to create their own lessons with embedded resources and assessments. Upon completion of this workshop, educators will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to spark and engage students’ learning through the use of interactive presentations.
- Instructional Coaches
- Epson BrightLink Interactive Projector
- Lab setting with one computer for each participant
- Presentation station with computer for presenter
- Internet access
- Required Software: MS PowerPoint (2003, 2007) or Keynote
Recommended Companion Courses
By the completion of this session participants will be able to:
- Effectively use and integrate their Epson BrightLink Interactive Projector as a regular instructional tool.
- Understand why media impacts the brain and learning
- Examine sample multimedia presentations created by teachers from across the globe
- Understand how non-linguistic representations and advanced organizers are dynamic instructional strategies that impact learning
- Combine text, images, audio, and video to create multimedia presentations that match their current curriculum
- Observe a sample model lesson
- Use of the Epson BrightLink Interactive Projector
- Students and multimedia
- Multimedia sample projects
- Model lesson
- Demonstration Kit
- Hands on time for creation of presentations
- Group sharing
- Debrief and evaluation
BrightLink is a trademark of Epson America.
Epson is a registered trademark and Epson Exceed your Vision is a logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation.