Reach beyond your classroom walls and provide your students Web 2.0 tools that increase their participation with concepts and content. Create multimedia digital posters with Glogster, by embedding Discovery Education videos and images. Bring Discovery Education images to life and give your students an opportunity to tell their story by uploading them to Blabberize or GoAnimate. Animoto automatically analyzes the music, photos and video clips that you choose, and orchestrates a custom video that incorporates Discovery Education images, video and text that can be shared easily on many platforms as an introduction, reflection, or assessment for any topic.
- Instructional Coaches
- Epson BrightLink Interactive Projector
- Lab setting with one computer for each participant
- Internet access
- Presentation station with computer for presenter
- OPTIONAL: Microphones
Recommended Companion Courses
By the completion of this session participants will be able to:
- Effectively use and integrate their Epson BrightLink projector as a regular instructional tool.
- Explore the research on how Web 2.0 tools impact learning.
- Examine sample Web 2.0 projects created by teachers from across the globe.
- Understand how non-linguistic representations, advanced organizers, recognition, summarizing and providing feedback are impactful instructional strategies.
- Combine text, images, audio, and video to create a Glog, Blabber/Animation (GoAnimate) or Animoto video that matches their current curriculum.
- Analyze a sample model lesson.
- Use of the Epson BrightLink Interactive Projector
- How Web 2.0 impacts learning
- Introduction to Glogster and creating a Glog
- Introduction to Animoto and creating and Animoto video
- Introduction and use of Blabberize or GoAnimate
- Group sharing
- Additional Web 2.0 Tools that can impact learning
- Debrief and evaluation
BrightLink is a trademark of Epson America.
Epson is a registered trademark and Epson Exceed your Vision is a logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation.