DEN Virtual Conferences are a unique form of free professional
development events that combine the best of both online and in-person
learning. Attendees have the option of participating individually from
home, or face to face at one of dozens of events hosted by STAR
Discovery Educators around the world.
DEN Summer Institute (DENSI)
The Discovery Educator Network Summer Institute is a week-long residential style professional development opportunity for STAR Discovery Educators focused on professional development and networking.
DENapalooza is a series of Professional Development events that share the power of making connections through the Discovery Educator Network. Each of the ten stops on the North American tour is a full day event featuring formal presentations on topics like Digital Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Building Your PLN with the DEN in the morning. The afternoon is spent unconference style, with attendees choosing the topics and leading the conversations.
DEN Geocaching Day
Each spring, we encourage STAR Discovery Educators to embark on a virtual treasure hunt on DEN Geocaching Day. Explore the great outdoors while learning how GPS activities can be used to connect your students with others around the world.
At this annual event, we recognize STAR Discovery Educators who have gone above and beyond for the community during the school year. With categories like Best DEN Event, The RJ Stangherlin (for excellence in blogging), and Rising STAR (for new STARs), we recognize greatness within the community.
DEN March Madness is a fun way for Discovery Educator Network members to share their favorite tools, websites, and apps to use with Discovery Education content. STARs can submit their favorites and the top 16, as selected by the community, will square off until only one is left standing and crowned champion.
Teacher Appreciation Week
At Discovery Education, we know how hard teachers work to make a difference in their students' lives. This is why we make sure that your Teacher Appreciation Week is as epic as you deserve it to be.
DEN Weekly Update
The DEN Weekly Update provides a comprehensive look at all of the things going on in the DEN. All STAR Discovery Educators receive the DEN Weekly Update in their inboxes each Friday. It is also posted to the DEN Blogs for easy reference by the entire DEN Community.
Digital Learning Day
The Digital Learning Day is an annual celebration of innovative teachers and effective applications of digital learning in schools. This is a time for us to highlight the incredible work of DEN Community members improving student learning through the use of digital media in their classrooms.
- Apr 23 Social Studies Live Stream
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: Secrets for Funding Class Projects from the DEN Fairy GRANT Mother
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 15 Leadership@Now: Engaging Learners Through Inquiry and STEM
- May 17 DENapalooza - Austin, TX
- May 17 DEN Geocaching Day
- May 22 DENny Awards
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jul 10 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Aug 06 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 07 Discovery Education Assessment
- Aug 13 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 14 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 20 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 21 Back-To-School with Discovery Education
Building those relationships with the other educators and having the opportunity to learn and share more is always important, building that community.
8th Grade Teacher, Bradley County Schools, TN