DEN Virtual Conferences are a unique form of free professional
development events that combine the best of both online and in-person
learning. Attendees have the option of participating individually from
home, or face to face at one of dozens of events hosted by STAR
Discovery Educators around the world.
DEN Summer Institute (DENSI)
The Discovery Educator Network Summer Institute is a week-long residential style professional development opportunity for STAR Discovery Educators focused on professional development and networking.
DENapalooza is a series of Professional Development events that share the power of making connections through the Discovery Educator Network. Each of the ten stops on the North American tour is a full day event featuring formal presentations on topics like Digital Storytelling, Project-Based Learning, and Building Your PLN with the DEN in the morning. The afternoon is spent unconference style, with attendees choosing the topics and leading the conversations.
DEN Geocaching Day
Each spring, we encourage STAR Discovery Educators to embark on a virtual treasure hunt on DEN Geocaching Day. Explore the great outdoors while learning how GPS activities can be used to connect your students with others around the world.
At this annual event, we recognize STAR Discovery Educators who have gone above and beyond for the community during the school year. With categories like Best DEN Event, The RJ Stangherlin (for excellence in blogging), and Rising STAR (for new STARs), we recognize greatness within the community.
DEN Spring Training is a time to keep your STAR status in shape! STARs run down a list of activities and earn points that can be traded in for some spectacular prizes.
DEN March Madness is a fun way for Discovery Educator Network members to share their favorite tools, websites, and apps to use with Discovery Education content. STARs can submit their favorites and the top 16, as selected by the community, will square off until only one is left standing and crowned champion.
BulleDEN Board Project
Each fall, we go on the lookout for the best BulleDEN boards around. These aren't your average bulletin boards – they're physical and digital displays sharing the DEN and Discovery Education with the school.
Teacher Appreciation Week
At Discovery Education, we know how hard teachers work to make a difference in their students' lives. This is why we make sure that your Teacher Appreciation Week is as epic as you deserve it to be.
DEN Weekly Update
The DEN Weekly Update provides a comprehensive look at all of the things going on in the DEN. All STAR Discovery Educators receive the DEN Weekly Update in their inboxes each Friday. It is also posted to the DEN Blogs for easy reference by the entire DEN Community.
Digital Learning Day
The Digital Learning Day is an annual celebration of innovative teachers and effective applications of digital learning in schools. This is a time for us to highlight the incredible work of DEN Community members improving student learning through the use of digital media in their classrooms.
- Mar 12 Leadership@Now: Preparing Your Staff and Students for the Common Core
- Mar 13 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: iPiccy
- Mar 19 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Mar 20 Social Studies Techbook: US History Civil War to Present, Beta Program Review
- Mar 24 Connect & Collaborate: Meet & Learn from STEM Educators
- Mar 26 Winnipeg Jets True North Hockey Academy Livestream
- Mar 29 DENapalooza - Washington, DC
- Apr 01 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: Spring Back to Basics: Cool (and quick) ways to integrate technology with DE
- Apr 05 DENapalooza - Milwaukee, WI
- Apr 09 Leadership@Now: Telling Your District Story
- Apr 10 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Blabberize
- Apr 12 DENapalooza - Ottawa, ON
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
It takes a village to raise a child but DENation to save a life. Your collective faces, voices. and hearts pulled together to save my life. All of you every day in every way do something to complete me. You have kept me alive for a long time and I hope I have the chance to pay it forward.