At this annual event, we recognize members of the DEN Community who have gone above and beyond for the community during the school year. With categories like Best DEN Event, the RJ Stangerlin (for excellence in blogging), and Rising STAR (for new STARs), we recognize greatness within the community.
There are many different categories, but the one that is coveted by STAR Discovery Educators all over North America is the Community Choice DENny.
We encourage all STAR Discovery Educators to take some time and nominate a fellow Discovery Educator for a Community Choice DENny by completing this form. The 2014 deadline for submissions is May 18.
The Awards Show
- Mar 12 Leadership@Now: Preparing Your Staff and Students for the Common Core
- Mar 13 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: iPiccy
- Mar 19 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Mar 20 Social Studies Techbook: US History Civil War to Present, Beta Program Review
- Mar 24 Connect & Collaborate: Meet & Learn from STEM Educators
- Mar 26 Winnipeg Jets True North Hockey Academy Livestream
- Mar 29 DENapalooza - Washington, DC
- Apr 01 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: Spring Back to Basics: Cool (and quick) ways to integrate technology with DE
- Apr 05 DENapalooza - Milwaukee, WI
- Apr 09 Leadership@Now: Telling Your District Story
- Apr 10 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Blabberize
- Apr 12 DENapalooza - Ottawa, ON
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
Our experience hosting the Virtual Conference was rewarding because it exemplified the types of teaching and learning opportunities we're fostering and supporting locally. Not only did we get to learn about exciting new and existing resources, but we did so via a medium that connects people and ideas that extend beyond those within our physical boundaries. We believe it's our professional responsibility to share and discuss what's possible and are grateful for the Discovery Education Network for its efforts to help teachers and students everywhere.
David J. Vitale, Ph.D.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Watertown Unified School District Watertown, WI