What is DEN Digital Learning Day?
Digital Learning Day, organized by the Alliance for Excellent Education, is an annual celebration of innovative teachers and common-sense, effective applications of digital learning in schools that support teachers, improve learning, and provide options for students to achieve at their highest potential.
DEN Digital Learning Day aims to take this idea further and highlight the wonderful things DEN Community members are doing in classrooms across the North America.
A Day in the Life of a Discovery Educator
For members of the Discovery Educator Network, digital learning is not just a day, but a way of life. Below, take a look at "A Day in the Life of the DEN: The Movie." This short film will feature numerous DEN members and their daily routines involving the Discovery Educator Network.
From early morning until late at night, members of the Discovery Educator Network engage in a variety of activities and learning utilizing the power of technology. As part of Digital Learning Day 2014 this video showcases a sampling of 20 of these 1,000,000 educators in their day to day work. We're proud of these teachers and the difference they make for learners.
Leading up to DEN Digital Learning Day
Prior to February 5th, there are several things you can do to showcase how you are using Discovery Education resources with your students and in your classroom. Below are four suggestions, but feel free to send us something else that you feel exhibits digital learning.
- Short video clips of students learning digitally with Discovery Education resources (15-30 seconds)
- Artifacts from an S.O.S. lesson (photos videos, reflections)
- A story or artifact from DEN Connects
- A Board created with Discovery Education Board Builder showing digital learning
On DEN Digital Learning Day
Follow the DEN on Twitter and Facebook to participate in various challenges throughout the day. Randomly selected entries may even win a DEN prize pack. Some challenges might include:
- Sharing a quick photo of digital learning in your classroom
- Posting a favorite Discovery Education resource and how you use it in your classroom
Beyond DEN Digital Learning Day
Keep an eye on the DEN blogs and social channels as we share out the submissions from the community.
- Apr 22 STEM is Now, STEM is How
- Apr 23 Social Studies Live Stream
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: Secrets for Funding Class Projects from the DEN Fairy GRANT Mother
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 15 Leadership@Now: Engaging Learners Through Inquiry and STEM
- May 17 DENapalooza - Austin, TX
- May 17 DEN Geocaching Day
- May 22 DENny Awards
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jul 10 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Aug 06 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 07 Discovery Education Assessment
- Aug 13 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 14 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 20 Discovery Education Board Builder
Building those relationships with the other educators and having the opportunity to learn and share more is always important, building that community.
8th Grade Teacher, Bradley County Schools, TN