DEN Geocaching Day - May 17, 2014
Each spring, we encourage every STAR Discovery Educator to venture out with some colleagues on DEN Geocaching Day. This is a great opportunity to have some fun geocaching as you connect with fellow educators. For groups that register, we will help with the cost of lunch and send special DEN geocoins. Coins from previous years can be seen below.
If you're a DEN STAR, sign up to be a guide and lead your own Geocaching group with other educators.
Take a look at this resource from the Pennsylvania Blog - Geocaching: The Sport Where You Are the Search Engine.
Curricular Connections of Geocaching
- Mar 12 Leadership@Now: Preparing Your Staff and Students for the Common Core
- Mar 13 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: iPiccy
- Mar 19 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Mar 20 Social Studies Techbook: US History Civil War to Present, Beta Program Review
- Mar 24 Connect & Collaborate: Meet & Learn from STEM Educators
- Mar 26 Winnipeg Jets True North Hockey Academy Livestream
- Mar 29 DENapalooza - Washington, DC
- Apr 01 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: Spring Back to Basics: Cool (and quick) ways to integrate technology with DE
- Apr 05 DENapalooza - Milwaukee, WI
- Apr 09 Leadership@Now: Telling Your District Story
- Apr 10 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Blabberize
- Apr 12 DENapalooza - Ottawa, ON
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
The DEN community is one where anyone can become as much a part of it as they choose. I became a DEN STAR last year. I signed up to be on the DEN Leadership council as part of the blog team. This is why I love the DEN. Anyone can become a member of the community and be welcomed with open arms. If you have thought about it but just have not dived in take this as your personal invitation to join us. The more people we have in our network the stronger we are.