DEN March Madness
DEN March Madness is a fun way for Discovery Educator Network members to share their favorite tools, websites, and apps to use with Discovery Education content. After members submit their favorite tools each year, the DEN Team selects 16 that will face off in a bracket style challenge throughout March. Each tool is shared on the DEN blogs prior to the actual start of voting. In the description of each tool, members share how they are using it with Discovery Education. Members of the community vote for their favorites each round as the competition moves along. The orginial 16 are narrowed down to eight, then to four, and finally, there are only two left standing. The final voting, determined by the DEN Community, will crown a champion.
There are no prizes to the winner, just bragging rights for community members to tell others that their favorite tool was crowned the champion.
The 2014 DEN March Madness is going on now!
Edmodo defeated Animoto
Explore all 16 tools in 2013 DEN March Madness
LiveBinders defeated Animoto
Glogster EDU defeated Edmodo
- Apr 22 STEM is Now, STEM is How
- Apr 23 Social Studies Live Stream
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: Secrets for Funding Class Projects from the DEN Fairy GRANT Mother
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 15 Leadership@Now: Engaging Learners Through Inquiry and STEM
- May 17 DENapalooza - Austin, TX
- May 17 DEN Geocaching Day
- May 22 DENny Awards
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jul 10 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Aug 06 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 07 Discovery Education Assessment
- Aug 13 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 14 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 20 Discovery Education Board Builder
Reaching the 21st century students require a higher level of technology in the teaching profession, this happens for me when I can attend the most outstanding professional growth in the nation offered through Discovery Education. Networking with teachers from all over the nation, multiple daily collaboration projects created presentations of Web 2.0 from Steve Dembo and a social tour of San Francisco with other star educators. Discovery Institutes not only prepare educators to teach but provides a powerful network base of friendships and memories for years to come.
St. Bonaventure School, Diocese of Orange County Huntington Beach, CA