DEN Connects is an innovative project from the Discovery Educator Network that encourages students and educators to connect to Discovery Education resources and each other.
Explore professional reading materials suggested by the DEN Community.
DENbrarians find great Discovery Resources and other online materials to correlate with a monthly book selection.
#DENchat brings people together on Twitter to discuss a weekly topic each Thursday at 8 pm ET.
DENvice is a Facebook page where DEN STARS can continue conversations between the face-to-face and virtual events. It's place to post your questions and get advice from DEN members.
The Rising STAR program is an optional one month program designed for all new STARs to welcome them into the DEN and connect with this amazing community. New STARs are connected with a veteran DEN member.
The Discovery Educator Network and BAM Radio Network have partnered to bring you The DEN Zone. David Fisher hosts the program which focuses on highlighting DEN community activities and amplifying DEN voices on the topics you really care about.
- Dec 10 Discovery Education Techbook: Strategies for Using the Builder Tools
- Dec 11 Connect with Weather: A Virtual Field Trip from The Weather Channel
- Dec 12 Evaluating Student Knowledge: Formative Assessments with Discovery Education SCIENCE TECHBOOK
- Dec 16 Changing the World, Step by Step
- Dec 16 Let's Get APPY! Tablet Apps That Work Best With the Discovery Education Techbook
- Dec 18 Creating Interactive Lessons with the Teacher Board Builder and Discovery Education Techbook
- Jan 08 Submission Overview for the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge
- Jan 08 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Jan 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jan 15 Changing the World, Step by Step
- Feb 05 What's the 4-1-1: Digital Learning Day
- Feb 12 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Feb 19 Submission Overview for the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge
- Mar 05 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
Our experience hosting the Virtual Conference was rewarding because it exemplified the types of teaching and learning opportunities we're fostering and supporting locally. Not only did we get to learn about exciting new and existing resources, but we did so via a medium that connects people and ideas that extend beyond those within our physical boundaries. We believe it's our professional responsibility to share and discuss what's possible and are grateful for the Discovery Education Network for its efforts to help teachers and students everywhere.
David J. Vitale, Ph.D.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Watertown Unified School District Watertown, WI