A Day in the Life of a Discovery Educator
For members of the Discovery Educator Network, digital learning is not just a day, but a way of life. Below, take a look at "A Day in the Life of the DEN: The Movie." This short film will feature numerous DEN members and their daily routines involving the Discovery Educator Network.
From early morning until late at night, members of the Discovery Educator Network engage in a variety of activities and learning utilizing the power of technology. As part of Digital Learning Day 2014 this video showcases a sampling of 20 of these 1,000,000 educators in their day to day work. We're proud of these teachers and the difference they make for learners.
Leading up to DEN Digital Learning Day
Prior to February 5th, there are several things you can do to showcase how you are using Discovery Education resources with your students and in your classroom. Below are four suggestions, but feel free to send us something else that you feel exhibits digital learning.
Submit your information using this form.
- Short video clips of students learning digitally with Discovery Education resources (15-30 seconds)
- Artifacts from an S.O.S. lesson (photos videos, reflections)
- A story or artifact from DEN Connects
- A Board created with Discovery Education Board Builder showing digital learning
On DEN Digital Learning Day
Follow the DEN on Twitter
to participate in various challenges throughout the day. Randomly selected entries may even win a DEN prize pack. Some challenges might include:
Join us for a Google Hangout
- Sharing a quick photo of digital learning in your classroom
- Posting a favorite Discovery Education resource and how you use it in your classroom
at 1:00 pm ET to hear from DEN Community leaders as they share some of the exciting things they're doing in their classrooms for Digital Learning Day.
Beyond DEN Digital Learning Day
Keep an eye on the DEN blogs and social channels as we share out the submissions from the community.