Convening Top-Level Executives from America's Leading Companies
As we grapple with COVID’s impact across industry, an area seemingly immune to the pandemic’s fallout are the job opportunities available for qualified STEM professionals. Since the COVID outbreak began, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected strong growth for STEM jobs in the U.S. The increasing challenge, however, is the lack of diversity within the STEM pipeline needed to strengthen economic growth into the future.
The prospects for increasing diversity in the STEM workforce are closely tied to education and the pathways presented to today’s diverse student population. Join us as we examine STEM workforce development through the lens of equity. Together, they will discuss the role business and education leaders play in developing a roadmap to diversify our workforce pipeline.
Featured guests will explore topics such as:
- How does diversity in the boardroom translate into building a more diverse STEM workforce within your industry?
- Investors continue to see companies with higher ESG ratings outperforming their peers. How are CEOs viewing diversity and inclusion as part of their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) roadmap?
- Research shows companies with greater diversity produce a higher proportion of revenue from innovation. How are leaders making the business case for diversifying their workforce?
- COVID-related job losses have resulted in 47M women being pushed out of the workforce around the world. What does an intentional focus on getting more women and girls into the workforce pipeline look like in a post-pandemic world?
- When is the right time to begin thinking about strategies to build a diverse talent pipeline within an organization?
Thank You to the 2021 Leaders
Vice President of Social Impact & Inclusion
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
About Discovery Education and the STEM Careers Coalition
Discovery Education is the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place. Discovery Education serves approximately 4.5 million educators and 45 million students worldwide, and its resources are accessed in over 140 countries and territories. In the United States, 1 in every 3 students has access to Discovery Education’s services.
The STEM Careers Coalition is the first-of-its-kind national STEM initiative that addresses the STEM workforce and inspiration gap through the lens of diversity and equity of access, bridging industry and classrooms at unprecedented scale.
Represented industry sectors span manufacturing, aerospace, energy, technology, engineering, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceuticals/health, and more, with partner companies and organizations including Microsoft, Chevron, Boeing, Procter & Gamble (P&G), Sanofi, Stanley Black & Decker, Caterpillar Foundation, Arconic Foundation, American Petroleum Institute (API), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), AES, the National Afterschool Association (NAA), and the Manufacturing Institute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this event be recorded? Yes, this event will be recorded and shared with registered participants after the event.
How can I test to make sure that I am able to join the event? To test go to https://zoom.us/test and click the “Join” button.
What do I do if I need technical assistance? If you are unable to join the meeting, please visit the Zoom Support Center for useful information. Reminder: before the event, we highly recommend you test your connection by joining a test meeting at https://zoom.us/test.
Have other questions about this event? Contact us at StrategicAlliances@DiscoveryEd.com.