Customized Global Solutions to Transform Teaching and Learning
Discovery Education empowers educators worldwide to create dynamic, digital learning environments that accelerate academic achievement and prepare students for the jobs of the future.
- Global leader in standards-based digital content
- First fully digital textbook, Techbook™
- Largest professional learning community of its kind
- 30 million students, 3 million educators
- 150 million content assets served annually
Begin your Partnership with Discovery Education
We work with our global partners to understand their needs and develop a tailored approach to support their goals to improve student achievement. These solutions begin with professional development and one or more of our award-winning digital products.
- Discovery Education Streaming — A comprehensive digital service that supplements instruction across all subject areas. Teacher resources include lesson plans and instructional strategies. Students can access images, primary source documents, audio files, videos, and more.
- Discovery Education Science Techbook — A complete digital textbook helps teachers transform their instruction with a simple-to-use, highly interactive program that integrates multimedia resources including video, audio, text, and interactives to provide a rich and engaging learning experience for students. Using an inquiry-based format, Science Techbook balances critical thinking and problem solving with disciplinary literacy and analytical writing, skills students need as they progress through their science courses and beyond. Science Techbook can be used on any device.
- Discovery Education Maths Techbook — Maths Techbook is a breakthrough digital textbook that changes the way students and teachers experience math across secondary grades. Using an inquiry-based approach, Maths Techbook engages students by introducing them to math concepts using real world problems. Maths Techbook can be used on any device.
- Discovery Education Espresso — A curated and weekly updated primary learning service designed to be used flexibly within lessons and suit any teaching style. Aligned to British National Curriculum and International Baccalaureate standards, it offers rich multimedia content in all subjects for primary school grades.
- Discovery Education Coding — A powerful and simple-to-use service that enables students to create and publish their own apps in minutes, demonstrating their coding creativity and learning. Computational thinking and algorithms aligned to the British National Curriculum for primary schools helps students take coding from concept to reality by learning the basics of block coding, HTML, and Python.
- Discovery Education STEM — Discovery Education is fueling a cultural shift around STEM teaching and learning through a variety of powerful and engaging resources. Teachers strengthen their capacity to teach STEM through a wide range of experiences that span one-day immersive Academies to multi-year professional learning and leadership development initiatives. In the process, they introduce students to a world of new opportunities involving science, technology, engineering, and maths.
- Discovery Education Professional Development — Customized, scalable, research-based professional development focused on high-yield instructional strategies that result in sustainable improvements in student engagement and achievement. Our professional development is delivered through a combination of in-person training, online support, classroom application, and job-embedded coaching.
Delivering Value to Partners
The value of a Discovery Education partnership reaches far beyond the impact of our services. The wonder and magic of Discovery, coupled with our thought leadership and transformative experiences for students, creates a unique opportunity to create a program that transforms teaching and learning.
- Discovery Education Community — A global network of education professionals who are passionate about transforming teaching and learning with digital media, the Discovery Educator Network (DEN) fosters networking and sharing of ideas and instructional strategies through social media, virtual conferences, and in-person events. As one of the largest and most active professional education learning communities, the Discovery Community impacts more than three million educators around the world.
- Virtual Field Trips — Discovery Education takes classrooms around the world and beyond the four walls of the classroom with virtual experiences that introduce fascinating experts, topics, and discoveries to provide for a truly immersive, one of a kind learning experience. From the White House South Lawn to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, teachers and students can explore new concepts, careers, and cultures with a variety of regular online events. These virtual field trips are also archived and available for educators to use on their own schedule.
The Discovery Education Trainers won over our teachers with their warmth, friendliness and positive encouragement (and were) willing to adapt their expertise to meet our teachers’ particular concerns.
Captivating Students. Empowering Teachers. Transforming Classrooms.
Learn how together, we can create a customized program to meet your unique goals and build a long-term partnership for an effective digital transformation.
This (Discovery Education) system introduced us to new aspects in teaching where we are linked to the real world by means of technology and the 4C’s (creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, communication). The STEM Professional Development was a great experience.