Your Discovery Education services are better than ever because they work on any device that you choose. Every school is different — and so is the technology that fuels your classrooms. That is why Discovery Education is committed to ensuring that our services are available on your platform of choice, whenever and wherever you need them, with the same high-quality user experience every time.
Want to use an iPad or other tablet for your Discovery Education content? You can.
- Our interactives, such as virtual labs, simulations, explorations, and math explanations, are available in HTML5 to ensure availability on all devices
- Video is encoded to .mp4 to ensure seamless use of video regardless of platform. Learn more about our support of the iPad device here
- One user interface regardless of platform makes integration in the classroom straightforward
Like watching video in high resolution? So do we.
- Our videos are encoded in 2 Mbps H.264 format to optimize visual and audio quality for local host customers
- Our service recognizes the video format required and automatically plays it. Whether you need Windows Media, QuickTime, Flash, or H.264, the format you need is available
Want to bring your own device? We support a range of devices, operating systems, and internet browsers.
- Mac and Windows desktops and laptops
- iOS (4.3 and higher) for iPod, iPhone, and iPad
- Android (4.2 and higher) for smartphones and tablets such as Kindle Fire, Motorola XOOM, Galaxy Tab, Google Nexus 10
- BlackBerry smartphones and PlayBook
- Windows 8, Window RT
Watch How iPads and Discovery Education are Transforming the Classroom.
on the iPad Straight A's
"If you are looking for a program to use on your iPad, I highly recommend Discovery Education for the iPad."