Voted the best professional development website in 2007 by the Association of Educational Publishers, this website is a place to connect to other educators across the globe.
Learn how the DEN helps teachers and administrators.
Access the Fall 2013 Archive
The Discovery Student Network Blog provides current information about resources, events, and activities specifically for students. Students are able to participate in the community through a safe, secure, and moderated Comments section.
DEN Summer Institute
DEN Geocaching Day
Teacher Appreciation Week
DEN Weekly Update
Connected Educator Month
Digital Learning Day
Exciting things are happening in the DEN. Our calendar is created by the community for the benefit of the community. It shows many of the great events and activities going on each month. You can download the calendar, print it, display in the teacher workroom or even place it in colleagues' mailboxes as a reminder of all the ways to stay active with the DEN each month.
Download a Printable Version of the DEN Calendar
- Mar 12 Leadership@Now: Preparing Your Staff and Students for the Common Core
- Mar 13 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: iPiccy
- Mar 19 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Mar 20 Social Studies Techbook: US History Civil War to Present, Beta Program Review
- Mar 24 Connect & Collaborate: Meet & Learn from STEM Educators
- Mar 25 "Of the People" Exchange for a Day with First Lady Michelle Obama
- Mar 26 Winnipeg Jets True North Hockey Academy Livestream
- Mar 29 DENapalooza - Washington, DC
- Apr 01 3M Young Scientist Challenge: Student Webinar & Video Tips
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: Spring Back to Basics: Cool (and quick) ways to integrate technology with DE
- Apr 05 DENapalooza - Milwaukee, WI
- Apr 09 Leadership@Now: Telling Your District Story
- Apr 10 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Blabberize
- Apr 12 DENapalooza - Ottawa, ON
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
I love the DEN because of all the opportunities it gives me to connect with other educators that are passionate about learning, students, and technology. I also love the DEN because it supports teachers in their endeavor to try new technology in the classroom. Most of all I love the DEN for giving teachers opportunity to share how technology makes teaching more fun, engaging and meaningful to students.