The Discovery Educator Network (DEN) is a global community of educators passionate about teaching with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking. The DEN connects educators and their ideas through social media, blogs, in-person events, and virtual conferences.
Researchers from the Harvard Graduate School of Education reviewed the Discovery Educator Network to determine how the DEN has impacted educators’ professional development and their use of technology in their work.
Their research demonstrates that connecting educators to their most valuable resource — each other — has a true impact on the quality and efficacy of their teaching.
- 90% of respondents in the study indicated that participation in the DEN has tremendously or very much supported their professional growth.
- 97% of respondents indicated that the DEN improved and increased their use of technology.
If the educators in your school/district are passionate about transforming learning experiences with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking, encourage them to take the next step in the DEN. Share with them how easy it is to become a STAR Discovery Educator. Just remember STAR:
S – Share something you've learned about using Discovery Education resources with
T – Teach your colleagues about this idea or strategy
A – Assist your colleagues as they implement this idea or strategy
R – Report what you've done
Your Discovery Education Login is Your Access Pass
Members of the DEN Leadership Council are already lined up to mentor you and help you connect, collaborate, and learn.
Take the Next StepDon't feel left out. You're an educator too, so you're invited to become a STAR Discovery Educator as well. We'll help you connect with other administrators who share your interests and goals.
- Apr 22 STEM is Now, STEM is How
- Apr 23 Social Studies Live Stream
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: Secrets for Funding Class Projects from the DEN Fairy GRANT Mother
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 15 Leadership@Now: Engaging Learners Through Inquiry and STEM
- May 17 DENapalooza - Austin, TX
- May 17 DEN Geocaching Day
- May 22 DENny Awards
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jul 10 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Aug 06 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 07 Discovery Education Assessment
- Aug 13 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 14 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 20 Discovery Education Board Builder
Reaching the 21st century students require a higher level of technology in the teaching profession, this happens for me when I can attend the most outstanding professional growth in the nation offered through Discovery Education. Networking with teachers from all over the nation, multiple daily collaboration projects created presentations of Web 2.0 from Steve Dembo and a social tour of San Francisco with other star educators. Discovery Institutes not only prepare educators to teach but provides a powerful network base of friendships and memories for years to come.
St. Bonaventure School, Diocese of Orange County Huntington Beach, CA