If you are passionate about transforming learning experiences with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking we invite you to take the next step in the DEN. Become a STAR Discovery Educator. It's easy. Just remember STAR:
S – Share something you've learned about using Discovery Education resources with
T – Teach your colleagues about this idea or strategy
A – Assist your colleagues as they implement this idea or strategy
R – Report what you've done
Log into Discovery Education and click on Discovery Educator Network to learn more.
Members of the DEN Leadership Council are already lined up to mentor you and help you connect, collaborate, and learn.
Have you been recognized in your local newspaper? Have you been published? Were you featured in an article or nominated for an award? We know STAR Discovery Educators are doing amazing things, but we don’t always hear about it.
Now it's time to toot your own horn. Tell us about your accomplishments. We want to brag about you, too!
Researchers from the Harvard Graduate School of Education reviewed the Discovery Educator Network to determine how the DEN has impacted educators’ professional development and their use of technology in their work. Their research demonstrates that connecting educators to their most valuable resource - each other - has a true impact on the quality and efficacy of their teaching.
- 90% of respondents in the study indicated that participation in the DEN has tremendously or very much supported their professional growth.
- 97% of respondents indicated that the DEN improved and increased their use of technology.
Do your students love Discovery Education? Encourage them to join the Discovery Student Network. The Discovery Student Network is a community of students that inspires curiosity and fosters global connection.
The Discovery Student Network (DSN) fuels curiosity by engaging students in activities and communications that foster learning and collaboration. Participating students gain access to behind-the-scenes information about Discovery, the latest technology and event news, and a unique opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students in a safe and creative environment. Discovery Student Network students can be found blogging, creating original content, and peering into the world of Discovery to explore their passions.
A young and evolving community, the DSN includes a Student Advisory Board, a global blog, student commentary and content creation, and support for classroom-to-classroom connection and mentoring. The DSN welcomes all students and seeks to foster global connection and unlimited curiosity. Learn more.
- Dec 12 Evaluating Student Knowledge: Formative Assessments with Discovery Education SCIENCE TECHBOOK
- Dec 16 Changing the World, Step by Step
- Dec 16 Let's Get APPY! Tablet Apps That Work Best With the Discovery Education Techbook
- Dec 18 Creating Interactive Lessons with the Teacher Board Builder and Discovery Education Techbook
- Jan 08 Submission Overview for the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge
- Jan 08 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Jan 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jan 15 Changing the World, Step by Step
- Feb 05 What's the 4-1-1: Digital Learning Day
- Feb 12 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Feb 19 Submission Overview for the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge
- Mar 05 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Mar 20 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Apr 02 What's the 4-1-1: TBD
- Apr 15 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: DEN's Got Talent
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
Building those relationships with the other educators and having the opportunity to learn and share more is always important, building that community.
8th Grade Teacher, Bradley County Schools, TN