If you are passionate about transforming learning experiences with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking we invite you to take the next step in the DEN. Become a STAR Discovery Educator. It's easy. Just remember STAR:
S – Share something you've learned about using Discovery Education resources with
T – Teach your colleagues about this idea or strategy
A – Assist your colleagues as they implement this idea or strategy
R – Report what you've done
Log into Discovery Education and click on Discovery Educator Network to learn more.
Members of the DEN Leadership Council are already lined up to mentor you and help you connect, collaborate, and learn.
Have you been recognized in your local newspaper? Have you been published? Were you featured in an article or nominated for an award? We know STAR Discovery Educators are doing amazing things, but we don’t always hear about it.
Now it's time to toot your own horn. Tell us about your accomplishments. We want to brag about you, too!
Researchers from the Harvard Graduate School of Education reviewed the Discovery Educator Network to determine how the DEN has impacted educators’ professional development and their use of technology in their work. Their research demonstrates that connecting educators to their most valuable resource - each other - has a true impact on the quality and efficacy of their teaching.
- 90% of respondents in the study indicated that participation in the DEN has tremendously or very much supported their professional growth.
- 97% of respondents indicated that the DEN improved and increased their use of technology.
Do your students love Discovery Education? Encourage them to join the Discovery Student Network. The Discovery Student Network is a community of students that inspires curiosity and fosters global connection.
The Discovery Student Network (DSN) fuels curiosity by engaging students in activities and communications that foster learning and collaboration. Participating students gain access to behind-the-scenes information about Discovery, the latest technology and event news, and a unique opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students in a safe and creative environment. Discovery Student Network students can be found blogging, creating original content, and peering into the world of Discovery to explore their passions.
A young and evolving community, the DSN includes a Student Advisory Board, a global blog, student commentary and content creation, and support for classroom-to-classroom connection and mentoring. The DSN welcomes all students and seeks to foster global connection and unlimited curiosity. Learn more.
- Apr 23 Social Studies Live Stream
- Apr 26 Spring VirtCon
- May 03 DENapalooza - Edmonton, AB
- May 07 What's the 4-1-1: Secrets for Funding Class Projects from the DEN Fairy GRANT Mother
- May 08 Making Stuff with Discovery Education: Quicktime
- May 14 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- May 15 Leadership@Now: Engaging Learners Through Inquiry and STEM
- May 17 DENapalooza - Austin, TX
- May 17 DEN Geocaching Day
- May 22 DENny Awards
- Jun 04 What's the 4-1-1: Summer Lovin
- Jun 19 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Jul 10 Administrator Tips and Tricks
- Aug 06 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 07 Discovery Education Assessment
- Aug 13 Back-to-School with Discovery Education
- Aug 14 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 20 Discovery Education Board Builder
- Aug 21 Back-To-School with Discovery Education
Building those relationships with the other educators and having the opportunity to learn and share more is always important, building that community.
8th Grade Teacher, Bradley County Schools, TN